In years to come, he would be a giver of bread, not a stealer - proof again of the contradictory human being. So much good, so much evil. Just add water.
—Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
—Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
Okay, I’m feeling much better now. What a difference a few hours can make seriously, subhanallah. (Speaking of seriously, reminded of the time when I was listening to the Goblet of Fire audiobook yesterday while getting lunch and there was a part where the narrator spoke “…said Sirius seriously.” OMG Rowling is such a troll hahaha.I literally snorted.)
Main reason why I’m feeling much like myself now is because my uterus/womb is behaving like regular organs again and not cramping. So yay. Also, surrounding myself with company was actually a good idea. Watched Survivor with the suitemates and it actually helped keep my mind of the cramps. Oh, and we discovered Fangy’s secret love for Gandalf hahaha! I bet we’ll take the mickey out of that one for weeks. Speaking of Fangy, she just gave me a “welfare pack” of her own which is basically crackers and sweets. Yay to gifts!
Finally done with my individual reflection for biomed too so now I can go to sleep feeling somewhat accomplished.
(Random note but the divergent ost is actually pretty good. Was listening to it while writing and I typed like a storm trooper.)
Song of the day. Feeling super irrational and annoyed at myself today (why cramps why) but thankfully this song still manages to calm me down somewhat.
Practically slept throughout the day. Watched some DW (The Stolen Earth/Journey’s End) but somehow I managed to sleep through part of it too. Woke up to the heartbreaking scenes, so thanks brain for that. Ugh, I just want to shake this ugh-ness off and be my normal self again. Doesn’t help that the headaches seem to be back :/
This week has been really good to me so far. I’m naturally a happy person but somehow, I’m even happier this week alhamdulillah. Even though I don’t really know why haha.
Things that Made Me Happier This Week:
1. The mum surprising me with red bean buns just when I was leaving for the week. I might have started tearing on the spot if I wasn’t already super late for school (as usual).
2. Actually making it to school on time on Monday.
3. Jacq’s Week 13 snack treat! I like little gifts from friends hehe.
4. Pranking Naz with the cups and the water! Have got to say, I thought he might be annoyed or peeved but he’s actually game about it which is cool. Super fun to prepare though (sneaking into his room and the boys toilet for the water runs) and we’re so detail-oriented placing cups literally everywhere.
5. This cat video omg. THE ADORABLENESS I CAN’T.
6. Last Jap prof lecture on Tuesday. Okay, this is more of a bittersweet thing but I fully enjoyed his class this sem (especially his tutorials) and it’s nice to see things go full circle (proper use of the term?) and see it all wrapped up. He also gave a LOT of clues what’s going to appear during finals hehehe. Also managed to take a photo of him doing what he does during lecture (like a stalker haha)
6. Last formal dinner yesterday! Even though the food turned out to be bad (lamb, I can’t take lamb), so bad that I had to take Vegetarian, it was still a pretty fun thing. I like wearing my red dress and my owl necklace and my Legolas ring (yes, that’s what I’m calling it). Oh and the shoes too, I guess (the best buddy won’t let me off if I don’t mention shoes at some point hahaha). Took loads of photos (for my standard) even the photobooth ones but we can’t seem to find any copies of it anywhere today? Either they didn’t print it (WHY) or STALKERS IN THE HOUSE. Hahaha okay being melodramatic with the last point but you catch my drift. I really wanted a copy to paste it on my Wall of Stuff at home next sem but sigh. Feel a little sad that we’re graduating from Tembusu in a few weeks too but oh well. I don’t want to focus on the negatives :)
7. Fangirl-ing with Yun Wei about TFIOS and Paper Towns and FTP. It’s always good to have a music/books buddy that you both can get excited over the same kind of stuff.
8. Being really productive this morning. Done with the group report and I’m hoping to finish the individual reflection thing before I sleep tonight so I can really say goodbye to biomed. I won’t miss your boringness.
9. And as of right now, I haven’t had a headache this week! It seriously is a miracle. I know it’s only Wednesday but usually I’d already have one or two that cripples me. Although I did wake up choking at 2am last night, for some weird reason.
Agh feeling so self-annoyed with myself cos I think I just saw a GoT spoiler. And it’s a pretty huge one omg. Why couldn’t I just stay away from tumblr for just a week (or until I find a good streaming site). Grrrrr.
On the other hand, just cried at another episode of Downton while eating lunch. That show man, that show. This time it was happy tears though because the wedding was so freaking cute aw aw aw.
So yesterday’s concert turned out to be pretty fun. I mean, I’m familiar with most of her (old) songs but damn is she good live. Her extremely high notes and never appearing out of breath once astounds me. It was bam bam bam song after song after song. And she’s a pretty good performer as well! Her rapport with the audience is pretty good. I even laughed a couple of times. And Mak Nona was hilarious not noticing that she was sitting beside Datok K all the while.
And TAUFIK. Omg this is the first time I’ve heard him sing live and I seriously melted in my seat while he was on. How that man hasn’t had a concert puzzles me. I’d definitely pay to go to his.
The usher people were being a little annoying and so strict with the no photography/videography so this was one of the better shots I took. Sigh, blurry phone. But yes, Taufik and Siti do sing well together.
The dad, all the while, was enjoying himself so I think I got him a pretty good birthday present! Also, it’s really nice having one-on-one time with the dad, especially since I haven’t been home much this sem. Also because my dad and I have always gotten along well. He’s basically me in the male form. Or rather, I’m him in female form. Since he’s older. But yeah, having the same temperament and views on stuff makes us a father-daughter duo.
April 12th: Not much of a Siti fan but I actually fully enjoyed her concert! Her voice is amazing live. The dad, of course, was having the time of his life :D #concert (at The Star Theatre)